USE, DISCLOSURE & MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Through the use of security measures, we aim to ensure all personal information we hold is protected from misuse or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will not use or disclose your personal information except:
- for the primary reason(s) we collected it or a related purpose; or
- with your consent; or
- for another reason permitted under Act.
Links: Through our website and other communications, we may provide you with links to third parties or external sites. These are provided for convenience. We are not responsible for information collected, used or disclosed by third parties, including if you follow these links.
MARKETING MAILING LISTS
Unless we have your consent, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. However, NSW Fauna and Marine Parks Association may use your personal information to inform you of recent developments, or provide you with newsletter articles or upcoming event details.
If we add your details to one of our own marketing mailing lists, you may unsubscribe from that list by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ option in the communications you receive.
WHAT WE COLLECT, HOW AND WHY
NSW Fauna and Marine Parks Association collects, holds and uses personal information for a range of different purposes related to our functions and activities, and for related purposes (see below). Usually, the context or communications at the time of collection will determine the primary purposes of collection.
We may collect personal information by:
- conducting interviews with job-seekers, service providers and other individuals conducting surveys
- communicating with our business, professional or social contacts
- allowing users to submit data or communicate with us through our website & extranet services
- monitoring how subscribers to our email publications respond to & engage with those communications
- obtaining marketing databases from commercial providers
- searching publicly available sources of information
The kinds of personal information we may collect and hold include:
- contact details
- opinions and preferences
- personal characteristics including professional occupation and qualifications
- information or opinions about a person’s conduct (e.g. witness statements in legal proceedings)
The reasons and related reasons why we collect personal information include:
- to help us provide services to our clients/customers/stakeholders
- to help us respond when someone contacts us
- to support our general advisory and marketing activities
- to support our workplace relations and industry research activities
- to help us assess and identify suitable jobseeker’s or service providers who may wish to work with or for us
- to support our internal management systems
- for any other lawful purposes identified by the person who provides us with the information or authorised by the Act
ACCESSING, CORRECTING OR UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any requests to access, correct or update your personal information can be made through the “contact” section of our website.
If the information you wish to correct or update relates to your client file, or services we are providing to you, we suggest you make contact directly with the professional staff member who usually assists you.
If you request access to your personal information, we will provide access whenever this is required under the Act or we otherwise consider it appropriate. However, making a request does not guarantee that we will provide you with access. In particular, we will not provide access to information that is confidential, legally privileged or would otherwise have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others. We may also charge a fee for providing you with access, which is permitted by the Act.
We would not usually disclose personal information to overseas recipients, and this is not likely. Overseas disclosure is only likely to occur if you specifically request or consent to it, or if reasonably required to undertake services you have instructed us to provide (e.g. if you are our client in a legal matter that involves overseas transactions).
COMPLAINTS & INQUIRIES
We will review and consider all complaints consistently with the Act and as we consider most appropriate in the circumstances.